GUYS! It’s here! Women across the country set their alarms to wake up early and get early access to the best Sale of the year. If you’re unfamiliar with the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, every summer Nordstrom selects a handful of their best new products for Fall and marks down the price for three weeks and three weeks only. That’s right-after August 5th, all these items will return to full price or sell out. It’s the only time brand new items are dramatically marked down for the new season, and it goes FAST. Early access (for Nordstrom card holders only) starts TODAY! And the public event begins July 20th. You’re in the right place, friends.
First of all, there is a method to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale madness. 1. Get the Nordstrom Card to get first pick during the sale, but also for all the benefits that go along with it! Nordstrom is hands down the store I would pick at if I could only choose one place to shop at for the rest of my life. The majority of my purchases for my family and friends in everything from skincare and makeup to my kids shoes and strollers. Their customer service, price matching and return policy are unbeatable! On top of that, you earn 2 points per dollar spent in stores and online, plus you get a $40 bonus Note when you make any purchase on the new card the day you’re approved. SO good!
Now, I know how fast things go across the board and have fallen prey one too many times to the dreaded “Sold Out” tag on something i’ve been eyeing up. I won’t be able to shop in store this year, so I always order whatever I’m actually considering knowing I’d rather return something (which Nordstrom makes so simple) than watch it sell out. I always warn O I’m not actually keeping every single thing because it can look like quiiiite a lot of boxes on delivery day. Trust me though, it’s the right way to go!
I tend not to get too fancy during the Sale and instead invest in things I know I’ll wear for years to come. My favorite categories to shop are, hands down, sweaters, shoes and denim. I always invest in a great pair of denim during the sale and it feels like I’m cheating somehow. Of course I take full advantage of the Mens and Kids sales too, but those posts will come later!
Without further adieu, here is the start of my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 favorites!
- Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Cardigan: $88 (back to $134 after the sale) If you know me, you know how much my Barefoot Dreams robe means to me. I don’t travel without it and honestly, while I have 10 robes hanging in my closet, this is the one that wins all year round. The idea of wearing that famous Barefoot Dreams fabric as actual clothing has me genuinely giddy. For soccer practice and errand running, nothing could be m0re cozy. This is a winner for SURE.
- Herschel Supply Co. Satin Duffel Bag $52 (back to $80 after the sale) Herschel Supply Co. can do no wrong in my book and I love the look of this bag! The color is stunning and my favorite (pretty much only) shade of pink. I love the amount of storage inside and I think I’d make it double as my gym bag and diaper bag too!
- Caslon Striped Tee:$ $19 (back to $29 after the sale) This is the ultimate fall/winter essential. On its own, layered under lightweight jackets and cardigans or tucked in to high waisted jeans it’s just a no brainer. And for less than $20?! I’m in.
- Frame ‘Le Slender’ Straight Leg Jeans: $173 (back to $260 after the sale) These jeans are currently on their way to me and I’m so excited about them. The shape is what i’ve been gravitating to in the past year or so and is such a refreshing, polished break from super-tight denim.
- T3 Rose Gold Blow Dryer: $134 (back to $200 after the sale) I invested in this blow dryer last year and it has been the ultimate game-changer in my hair routine. I’m so impressed with how much better my at-home blowouts look compared with any other blow dryer. Mine is all black but this rose-gold detailing is stunning.
- Vince Alora Mules: $194 (back to $295 after the sale) These mules make my top 5 of the sale overall. Unfortunately, they don’t come in my size (inner cry) but I would pair these with dresses and denim on repeat when I wanted to be comfortable but super sleek. I know for a fact I’d have to scoop them up in both nude and black too…they’re that good.
- Nike Windrunner Jacket: $96 (back to $130 after the sale) This is on it’s way to me too. When I want to make a leggings and tee outfit look less schlumpy, I love to add a lightweight jacket to it. The drama of this windbreaker is stunning and I know I’ll get tons of wear out of it during our first official Texas winter…a.k.a a midwest eternal Fall.
- UGG Cassandra Check Pajamas: $48 (back to $73 after the sale) Another thing you all know about me by now is my passion for pajamas. I could never sleep in them (way too hot) but I’m a pajamas all day Saturday and also throw on pajamas immediately after church Sunday kinda girl. Long sleeve tops with shorts are my favorite and the prints on these are adorable.
- Halogen Cashmere Wrap: $132 (back to $199 after the sale) This is so good! I’ve had a cashmere wrap for two years now and I wear it every single time I travel. It can be whatever you want it to be- a giant scarf, a neck pillow, a blanket for your babes/husband/self. I get so many compliments whenever I wear it as a wrap because it looks all fancy, but essentially you’re wearing a blanket. I’ll never tell.
- MCM Ottoman Leather Backpack:$499 (back to $795 after the sale) This is a spluuurge in a big way, but if you were in the market for a fancy schmancy backpack, this is the one. You’ll also never see that price again!
- Adidas Sneakers: $53 (back to $90 after the sale) I have a secret. These are men’s shoes. I have huge feet and more often than not, I end up wearing men’s sneakers because I find them more comfortable! I also love men’s sneakers for running for the ideal amount of room. These with an all black outfit (leggings and a black hoodie, of course) will be perfect.
- Frame Asymmetrical Hem Jeans: $166 (back to $260 after the sale) These are so unique. The hem really highlights a cool shoe, especially a mule.
- Louise et Cie Cela Bow Shoe:$84.90 (back to $129 after the sale) These are just lovely! They’re the type of shoe I’d wear with a dress to make it more casual or wear with jeans and a tee to make the outfit more dressy.
- J. Crew Dover Blazer: $131 (back to $198 after the sale) J.Crew blazers fit me perfectly every single time, without fail and this one is stunning. I plan on wearing a long-sleeve underneath and shoving the sleeves up, peeking the long sleeve out at the elbow. This blazer hits at the perfect point of the waist to be worn with everything from dresses to shorts.
- Steve Madden Over the Knee Boot:$86 (back to $130 after the sale) I wore my over the knee boots to death last fall and the fact that these beauties come in under $100 during the sale is unreal. It took me a while to bite the bullet on the over the knee trend because I was nervous I’d look like catwoman or something, but it’s the most flattering boot style of all time! I wear them with dresses and denim and never feel restricted.