In honor of my baby sister getting married tomorrow, I’ve created a white dress round up for the warm weather seasons. If you catch me in summer, odds are I’m in a white dress.. I don’t care where I’m going, what the activity is or what the weather like–a white dress is always the answer. I wear one under a denim jacket more often than not, but don’t sleep on the trench coat option for a rainy day or the leather jacket to toughen up the most feminine of frocks on chilly summer nights. Here are my top picks at every price point:
First things first, let’s talk about this dreamy number right here. Yes, it is p r i c e y, friends. I got it for my birthday this year after eyeing it up since last Spring and couldn’t be happier with the quality. Every 5-7 years I buy a really special black or white dress that I know I’ll wear over and over again and never tire of. My go-to white dress was ruined last summer and this one has filled the spot.
Now, on to the edit and the shoes I’d pair with each dress:
1. H&M dress: This simple dress fills the spot for ‘everyday dress.’ It’s inexpensive, I don’t mind if the kids get syrup or crumbs on it. This with a denim jacket and sneakers is a no-brainer.
2. Staud dress: This dress speaks for itself. It can switch between flat shoes and a head scarf and a bold necklace with heels without a hitch.
3. J.Crew dress: This is a dress to wear with a bright lip and bright earrings. It’s fun and flirty and easy enough to wear while playing with your kids.
4. H&M dress: this dress is screaming for a sun hat and simplicity.
5. Doen dress: I get so many questions about my Doen dresses. They are an investment and almost a collectors piece that I wear over and over for every occasion. This is lovely as can be and the colors give you a lot of freedom when it comes to accessories.
6. Gap dress: This Gap dress might be the most versatile in this whole round up. It can be dressy or casual and left alone or jazzed up with ALL the accessories.
7. H&M dress: This maxi is simple and fool-proof.
8. J.Crew dress: The neck and flouncy skirt make this feel a little bit more elevated. A low bun or top knot would be the best accessory for this dress.