July 30, 2022
It’s been a while since I did a purchase roundup so we’re back with a bit of a beefy one. I considered the first three months of the year a “spending freeze” so there wasn’t much to report there, but if you want to keep up with my ten monthly favorites every month and what I’m reading, buying, loving and wearing- be sure to sign up for my email list right here. (Psst: you can view the Fall edition of this right here.)
1. My Dream Trousers. Listen. If you love fashion, you love Nili Lotan and no one does pants quite like her. I’ve had my eye on these dreamboats forever since it’s a classic shape for the brand, but the price tag is borderline painful. I saved and saved and still couldn’t bring myself to do it. O surprised me with these as a gift in early summer and I’m so sorry to report that they’re perfect. If you’re left thinking “absolutely not, you’re insane,” I will always ay to each their own and what is a worthy investment for one is not a worthy investment for another. In that case, these are my other favorite trouser ever and they’re absolutely fantastic.
2. Three in One Charger. I have a bit of an issue keeping track of my chargers (much to O’s dismay) and this felt like the right move. If you use all your Apple-things constantly, this is such a convenient little gadget.
3. The Perfect Shirt. These $25 shirts are my staple, always and forever.
4. Twisted Gold Hoops. These earrings look like a million bucks and are less than fifty. They look so great with a swimsuit, a t-shirt, a sweatsuit set and the fanciest of dresses- win in my book!
5. Kids Vitamins. We’re sort of vitamin fanatics in our house but I didn’t love that all the kids’ vitamins were sugar coated, even if they were “sugar free.” We switched to this brand this summer and absolutely love the system. Plus. the babes love decorating their bottles with the sticker kits.
6. Swim Top & Swim Bottom. Mara Hoffman makes my favorite swimsuit time and time again and this one is no exception. The top is interesting and so flattering, the bum has coverage without being dumpy, it’s perfect. If I were on a beach vacation, I’d wear the top with high waisted shorts or a skirt during the day. So far, though, I’ve only whipped this beauty out to swim with the kids at my parents’ pool.
7. Lashes. I very, very rarely wear false lashes but when the time comes- I like to have these on hand. Maybe it’s because I can’t stand looking like a Pussycat Doll when using most lashes, maybe it’s because I’m forever loyal to Jenna Lyons after her J.Crew Renaissance but either way- I remain unbiased and love these.
8. White Bins. These bins are my life saver. I use them for everything- I kept one on the back of my toilet full of my postpartum essentials for far too long, it’s what we use for our medicine cabinet, I store electrolytes and pantry staples and everything in between in these things and recently got a couple more in each size because of a cleaning bug in early summer.
9. Pepper Grinder. This is so beautiful and I’m obsessed with freshly cracked pepper so it’s a win-win.
10. Perfect Blazer. (seen here) This is just oversized enough to layer over a thin sweater and scarf come fall and lightweight enough to wear in these brutal summer days with a tank top + shorts or a dress. Plus, the color is perfection. This is almost sold out, but this is a perfect, albiet pricier, substitute.
11. Tan Converse. I’m the world’s biggest fan of the converse 70’s but I stuck to the unbleached color because the black pair always felt a little too cool for my personal style. This color, however, has been the greatest addition.
12. Sex Journal. I wrote an e-book all about how to have thriving intimacy even after becoming parents. This purchase is surprise to no one, right?
13. Milk Jugs. I’ve so enjoyed making almond milk for O and the kids (this recipe is my favorite) and these are my favorite bottles. As a side note, I certainly don’t make it all the time and love this brand when I don’t have almonds soaked.
14. Ballet Flats. I didn’t wear flats for a long time because I couldn’t stand the way they looked with skinny jeans and my baked potato feet. I learned, thought, I absolutely love the look of them with a cropped, wider length style and dresses. I also recommend this pair and this pair