I know we’re all feeling it. I’ve never been one to decorate before Thanksgiving this year is just different. We could all use that Christmas magic earlier than ever and this post has everything you need to extend the season longer than ever before. Besides, you know I never miss an opportunity for matching pajamas.
1. Holiday Pajamas for Littles. We reserve our matching family jams for Christmas Eve and day but the kids wear festive pajamas all November and December-matching preferred. These are our favorites to invest in every year [TIP: Size up so they last two seasons! The fabric is to softest thing you’ll ever feel and they also have matching doll pajamas which Keogena is thrilled about] but here is a round up of more favorites that are cozy, cute and Christmasy.
You can get matching family pajamas at a great price at Old Navy, Hanna Andersson and Target.
2. Adding Special Touches Throughout Your Home. This makes such a big difference even if you’re not quite ready to put your tree up yet. A little Christmas village here, some brush bottle trees there and a changing out of the tea towels will have you in the festive spirit in no time.
3. Trimming the Tree With Significant Ornaments. We always choose a few special ornaments that really remind us of what we did that year. Usually they’re based around travel or milestones but this year it’ll be this globe to remind of us the global pandemic that shaped the year, this stack of books to remind us of our most unique school year yet, this home to remind us of the year we spent three months indoors and this mixing bowl because…well, you know. I also got this stork last year to remember I was pregnant and this year, sweet girl is with us.
4. Getting the Entryway Ready. When I come home and walk through the front door to see a wreath and festive lanterns, I get goosebumps pretty much every time. It just feels so nostalgic and makes our home feel instantly cozier. I keep this very simple, but it makes all the difference.
5. Bringing the Holidays to the Kitchen. This is the final and most important step for me. Taking our Christmas cookie jar out of storage, pulling out the Christmas mugs for hot chocolate and egg nog, using Holiday servewear-all of it adds to the moment. I count down the days until I can use a Holiday tablecloth all year.
We’ll still start Advent when we always have and I’ll be back to dive into Advent favorites as a family but until then, I hope you enjoy a cozy slipper, a cup of cold egg nog (vegan for us) and a gingerbread cookie well before we even carve the Thanksgiving turkey.